Mr. Burroughs passed away recently but I was lucky to know his friend and neighbor, a healer friend of mine named Carol Sue that interviewed him numerous times and took his classes. I want to honor their work today. Here are some things most don’t know about the Master Cleanse diet:
- While Stanley made lemonade, life gave him lemons. Stanley Burroughs was actually a ‘martyr’ for this diet you could say. He actually went to jail for 3 years in his 80s, for ‘practicing medicine without a license.’ He had a healing modality called Vitaflex that combined color therapy with reflexology and he was thrown in jail for it, right in Oregon. He was beat up his first night in jail. He’s not the first person to be “punished” for practicing alternative medicine and being a threat to traditional medicine.
- It’s Nutritious. Many have lived off of the Master Cleanser tea, I just recently met someone that drank it for 10 months. Stanley Burroughs would go on it months at a time. Apparently both the maple syrup grade B suggested in the diet and the fresh lemons are highly nutritious for you. The instructions are to take it for 7-10 days.
- It’s not the Master Cleanse unless you use the salt water. While the diet is known for the Master Cleanser tea made of maple syrup grade B, fresh lemon or lime, distilled water and cayenne pepper, it is not the full “Master Cleanse” unless you drink 2 liters of distilled water with sea salt as well. The salt water is thought to have a “scrubbing” effect inside the colon.
- It’s best if you fast. The Master Cleanse tea is better when you fast, not just to wash down a burger. It is believed that your body reaches a “fasting cycle” after 3-4 days and then really starts to release toxins and clean out your digestive system.
- There’s lots of benefits. Expect a better immune system. Your immune system usually “fights” the residue inside your colon all day long. This will give your immune system a boost. Expect surprises too. One gentleman observed a watermelon seed coming out of him and realized he hadn’t eaten watermelon in 20 years. It can be good for your insides to clean out plaque, toxins and old residue from the past, both energetically and literally.
I’m about to start the Master Cleanse again, hope some of you join me!