My grandmother lived to be the ripe old age of 95. When she passed away I realized that she made love look easy, and that she had the wisdom of love.
- She kept all her friends, even for 60 years or more
- She kept all her connections harmonious
I decided I would look at love through her eyes, and this is what I saw:
- Looking at people as beautiful – As a grandmother, she looked at people as something beautiful “in the process of becoming,” like a beautiful tree growing. What they were becoming she didn’t know. It didn’t matter.
- Honoring people’s differences – Instead of saying “I only love my Christian relatives” or “I only like my relatives with children and family” she loved everybody and accepted people’s differences without prejudice. This creates a lot more love.
- Caring about people – Caring is a verb, different from loving, it involves encouragement, listening, creating a gentle environment for nourishment and growth.
- Loving without conditions – Try looking at people without demands. What if they are free to do what they want and need, even if they seem to be doing the wrong thing, or seem distant from the connection at times.
If you want to know love that’s wise, look at a grandmother!
Noelani Rodriguez is a Psychic that has appeared on Women’s Radio and Para-X Radio.